Monday, February 10, 2014

S'mores Chocolate Chip Cookies




I made these a while ago, but I had to space out my cookie posts a little before it started to look like i'm cookie obsessed. I am of course, but I needed to mix it up a little. Also don't think I ate all of these by myself. I mean I ate A LOT of them don't get me wrong but I had to bring them to class as a part of my research. Although I recently discovered that it was a HUGE waste of my time. Never had to do that. Got really sick the day of our huge final presentation and my group BOMBED because I wasn't there. Like actually tanked. While dying in my bed that morning I got texts from people in my class about how terrible it was. Great day. Great class. JUST. FAB. and Ultimately I got a B+ in the class. I don't think I will stop being bitter about this for a long long time. Especially because we had no tests or assignments or grades all semester...anyway, too the recipe --> 



S'Mores Cookies 
I used a recipe I found via a blog called Baked by Rachel 

Ingredients 
10 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup cake flour
¾ cup bread flour
½ tsp. plus 1/8 tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. baking powder
¾ tsp. salt
1 ½ cups chocolate chips or (1 cup mini Hershey’s chocolate kisses as per the recipe)
½ cup crushed graham crackers (make sure to leave in some in chunks - it shouldn't be a powder)

1 cup mini marshmallows

Directions 
In a separate, medium sized bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients (flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt)

Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy

Add egg and vanilla and mix for a minute more 

In two or three intervals, add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture. Then fold in the chocolate chips, graham crackers and marshmallows. 

Refrigerate for 24 hours or over night. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. 

Best served warm and gooey! (you wouldn't eat a cold s'more, right?...then it's just what...like a moon pie or something...)




No comments:

Post a Comment