Friday, May 16, 2014

Chicken Fajitas and Mexican Corn (Esquites)

So this is kind of a late post. I made these chicken fajitas to celebrate Cinco de Mayo (and to also get rid of the frozen chicken thighs that I desperately needed to get rid of before I graduate). They were so delicious. I've either mastered Mexican or its just super easy and I over flatter myself. Either way, these are totally worth making and don't require a lot of attention

I also think graduation has finally hit me. I have 7 days left. Just 7 days until I'm no longer a college student. I don't want to think about it; it's so terrifying. I'm about to be a real person... Well not really a REAL person because i'll still be going to culinary school and will technically still be a student for at least the next 6-9 months.... I also need to start experimenting with more than just Mexican food, but I have plenty of time for that in school when I have a bunch of fancy ingredients at my disposal....

Also, I know these pictures kinda suck. It was too dark outside and by the time I pulled them up on my computer it was too late and we had already devoured all of our leftovers. Maybe I can updated them when I make them again soon....




Chicken Fajitas 

Ingredients 
3 tablespoons Olive Oil
Half an Onion, sliced 
2 Bell Peppers (I used red and yellow)
dash of chili powder (about a teaspoon) 
about 1 teaspoon onion powder 
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano 
juice of half a lime 
other half, sliced 
salt and pepper 

In a rectangular baking pan, combine all of the ingredients. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour or overnight in the refrigerator. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 and bake for about 30-40 minutes or until the onions are translucent.


Mexican Corn (Esquites) 

Ingredients 
4 ears of corn boiled corn (2 white and 2 yellow)
about a tablespoon of chopped cilantro or parsley 
Juice of half a lime 
2 tablespoons low fat mayo 
1 cup sour cream 
1/2 teaspoon onion powder 
Salt and pepper to taste 

Place all of the ingredients in a bowl and stir. Done and done. can be served warm or cold - both are dang good











No comments:

Post a Comment