Sunday, August 28, 2011

NY Times Chocolate Chip Cookies


According to the New York Times as well as countless posts on food gawker, this is apparently the best chocolate chip cookie recipe out there. Not gonna lie, they are definitely delicious. I don't think I like them more than the Neiman Marcus cookies, but they are less effort (and not to mention much cheaper to make - ergo you don't need a coffee grinder, oatmeal or two 8 ounce bars of chocolate. Believe be, it adds up).  The only flaw is that you have to wait at least 24 hours before you bake them. Can you imagine the anticipation? I've been waiting a long time for the perfect occasion to make them and this weekend was the perfect opportunity. Since I got here a few days before my roommate, I made the dough the day before Courtney and her family got here so I had an excuse to not bake them right away.


So I literally copy and pasted the recipe from this blog called One Lovely Life which I found via foodgawker. Don't be mad One Lovely Life! I'll put it in quotations. gotta keep it MLA style (minus the citation cause that's too much effort) - I am still in college...Although she said it was adapted from the original.. I looked at the original. Still haven't found the adapted part....oh well!

"Ingredients:
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4c) butter, softened
1 1/4c brown sugar
1c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4tsp salt
1 1/2tsp baking powder
1 1/4tsp baking soda
2c minus 2 Tbsp cake flour
1 2/3c bread flour
20oz (3 1/3c) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 4-5 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time until well incorporated. Stir in vanilla.

2. Sift in salt, baking powder, baking soda, cake flour, and bread flour. Stir until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Press plastic wrap against the surface of the dough and refrigerate dough at least 24 hours (dough can remain refrigerated up to 72 hours).

4. When ready to bake cookies, scoop golfball-sized balls of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat. Bake 6 cookies at a time at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes, or until edges are golden but centers are still slightly gooey. Allow cookies to rest on the warm baking sheet about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack (this will allow the heat from the pan to finish cooking the centers).

Makes about 3 dozen cookies."

 Yes, I am posting on my food blog and watching the vma's alone while my roommate goes out and has a good time. But it's a sunday and I am le tired, aight? My wild side will come out. you'll see.... Bella and I also discovered tonight after we decided we were too lazy to go out that my pajama shorts have quite a few tears on the back exposing a large portion of my left cheek. Why I didn't feel a draft i'll never know. However it does explain why the boy in the elevator gave me that funny look when I was walking back to my apartment. your welcome hun. These shows aren't always free. And if you were wondering, no I am not throwing them away. far too soft for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment