Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blackberry Crumb Bars


For the first time since middle school, I haven't had a job this summer. I did have an internship at Matthew Robbins Design in New York for two months, but I have fortunately had about three weeks before and after the internship to actually relax for the first time possibly in my whole life. Since I have been in college, I actually even work during the Christmas holiday. Needless to say, my parents absolutely hate it, so these free weeks have really been great.

The best part is I get to hang out with my mom one on one a lot more. We were goofing around whole foods the other day and we found this new section they started in all the stores with the tea cookies. We couldn't resist the apricot and caramalita bars, which ultimately became the inspiration for this post. I had recently found an awesome recipe via Pinterest for blackberry crumb bars, so I thought those would be the perfect thing to make for our Wednesday night tradition. 



Blackberry Crumb Bars
Ingredients 


Topping and Crust
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cups sugar
a pinch of salt
zest of half lemon
12 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces

The filling
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
½ cup Greek yogurt (not low-fat)
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
a pinch of salt
juice of half lemon
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
16 oz. bag frozen blackberries


I found the recipe and directions here. I just used Greek yogurt instead of sour cream, which I read from other similar recipes (Too lay to type them up myself today!)










No comments:

Post a Comment